Answered By: Doug Bolden
Last Updated: Oct 07, 2015     Views: 69

The process for placing Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests is the same for all UAH students, faculty, and staff.  You can learn more about that here

However, as a visiting professor/lecturer, you may not have an account set up with the library yet.  In order to do this, you will need to have your department chair or secretary write an official letter stating that you are a visiting professor and for how long.  This can be e-mailed or faxed to the library User Services Department at 256-824-6552.  Once this letter is on file, you will need to come to the library to set up your account.  Please bring your Charger Card so we can activate it as your library card.  Once your account is active, you can place ILL requests online by following the instructions here.  Please call the User Services Department if you have any additional questions at 256-824-6530.