Answered By: Doug Bolden
Last Updated: Oct 07, 2015     Views: 180

You pay for printing with your Flex Account, which is tied to your Charger Card (UAH student ID card).  There are two terminals (they are black swipe card machines) where you can add money to your Flex Account. One of them is located in the library near the copier machines on the first floor, in the South Wing. The other is located in the UC near the ATM in the main lobby. With both, you just press the "Deposit Money to Charger Card" button, swipe your Charger ID, and then insert bills.You will click "Done" when you are done.

This is very important: you cannot get change back from those machines! If you put $20 into Flex Account, in this method, you will not get a portion back. It will roll over from semester to semester, but if you are only wanting to add money for a small amount of printing, think ahead.

If you are a library guest, you will be given a white guest pass with a guest # on the front. This card can also be charged at those machines, though it will not be accepted as flex account cash outside of the library printers and copiers.

If you prefer to add money in some other way, then here are some options as laid out at

Flex Account

Students, faculty and staff will pay with their FLEX account. This convenient account may be used at any of our on-campus dining venues, Barnes and Noble Bookstore, The Off-Campus Bookstore on Henderson Road, copy machines and computer lab printers. If you live in campus housing, you will want a flex account for use of the vending and laundry machines. Any money left on your flex account will roll over to the next semester. Other off-campus merchants accepting our Flex account are Quiznos Sub Shop across from campus on University Drive and Stanlieo's Sub Villa at the corner of Holmes and Jordan.

Adding Money to your Charger Card

Money may be added with cash, check or credit card. You can come by the University Center, room 213 between the hours of 8:15 5:00 or call 256-824-6226. Once you pay in the cashiers office, come by room 147 with your receipt, so we can add the money to your card account. The Cashiers office accepts a minimum deposit of $10.00 for Flex and $50 for Dining Dollars. If a check is mailed, please add the student identification ("A") number to the check, specify type of account, and mail it to the address below:

University of Alabama in Huntsville
ATTN: Cashier
University Center 213
Huntsville, AL 35899-5050


You may choose to utilize the Value Transfer Stations (VTS) that accept cash in increments of $1, $5, $10 or $20, for deposit on your card. These black Flex deposit machines are located on the first floor of the Salmon Library and elsewhere around campus.